GREAT MANTESTU GUNTO ON EBAY

There is a great Mantestsu sword on ebay from Showa22. "Japanese WWll Army officer's sword in mountings, "Koa Isshin Mantetsu" *

The seller always has interesting offerings. I bought a few pieces from him and he is absolutely honest.

Alas. I don't like the one bid history guy bidding up the price, so I am sitting this one out. I have a hunch it will be relisted for non-payment.

My question: Is the mei chalked? And do people with no intention of buying the sword get a thrill out of jacking up prices and screwing up the bid process for both buyer and seller? I used to see warnings by sellers saying that they won't sell to people with less than 10 successful bids...did ebay change their policy so that sellers can no longer discriminate?

HENRY

Hi, Henry

First: I knew a german dealer who always put a white fluid to the signatures, so he could take better pictures. He was more in militaria and the swords he had it was no harm to them.

When I see a guy with 0 or only 1 bit history it always gives me the creeps. Mostly it is the seller himself and he wants to push the price. Perhaps you can outbit him. But be careful. Sometimes short before the auction ends he will reject his biddings.

Good luck!

Uwe G.

YES, I do not care for sellers that do the " GHOST BIDDING " thing, you can always tell, as it is the same bidders every time bidding up the prices, and never no feedback left for either party.

Give them time, as usually a week or so later the sword is re-listed, or an second chance offer is sent to the actual person that had the legit bid.

Brian

Thanks fellows! The seller has always been honest with me.

I don't think he is using a schill. He sells everything he offers, but ocassionally, he gets these 1 history bidders. $2700 is about right for this Mantetsu. I got one in a shirasaya, just gorgeous, but shirasayas are too boring for me.

KATANAKO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..