Watch and shiver

Watch and cry

Watch and be annoyed beyond belief :

http://47roninchushingura.blogspot.nl/

All photos are original.

And to add to your sadness.... Read and weep :

47 Ronin is directed by Carl Erik Rinsch based on a screenplay by Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini. While the film is based on the true story of the forty-seven Ronin, it is a fantastical take, being set "in a world of witches and giants". The studio Universal Pictures first announced the project in December 2008 with actor Keanu Reeves attached to star. Variety reported, "The film will tell a stylized version of the story, mixing fantasy elements of the sort seen in 'The Lord of the Rings' pics, with gritty battle scenes akin to those in films such as 'Gladiator.'" Universal planned to produce the film in 2009 after finding a director. In November 2009, Universal entered talks with Rinsch to direct the film. For Rinsch, who has filmed "visual and stylish" blurbs for brands, the film is his feature film debut. (Source, VanityFair)

KM

Oh Lord, this can be really really bad. I´m always for a samuraimovie, but whats up with the red uniforms the ronins are wearing?

Prehaps the Ii:s red devils makes a suprise visit. And who knows. Perhaps Bilbo is donning an armour and goes hobbitcrazy on Kira :rofl:

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you know. Keanu reeves is half Japanese... I'm assuming they chose him to play this role with the intention of him being the intermediate real life version of the Japanese' take on anime-A Japanese person with an image of caucasion features.

They commonly choose caucasion people with asian features to play these roles in films.

Josh R.

Gentlemen

Some may rou may recall me mentioning on an old thread, that I met Keanu Reeves for lunch some while ago as he wanted to see some real Japanese swords. I showed him my favourite Hizen Masahiro which he waved about. Also presemt at the film studio, was Sanada Hiroyuki, the kendo instructor from The Last Samurai.

As I understand it, this film is all "Hollywood" and little Japanese history or culture and you will be disapointed if you expect anything else.

Clive Sinclaire.

While the film is based on the true story of the forty-seven Ronin, it is a fantastical take, being set "in a world of witches and giants".

So basically....not at all based on a true story.

True 'doublespeak' in action. Ridiculous. :steamed: :bang: :steamed:

Ok, I have a dead moment of time,so I'll pitch in my 2 cents worth;

This is a movie, not a documentary. It will have really good actors, sets, story line, action, special effects. What more do you want or expect.

Was the 13 Assassins, last year a true and accurate movie. I don't know, but it was well done, and entertaining. What I wanted and expected.

Relax, enjoy what the movie will bring to the screen, and live in the positive world.

• 1 year later...
Gentlemen

Some may rou may recall me mentioning on an old thread, that I met Keanu Reeves for lunch some while ago as he wanted to see some real Japanese swords. I showed him my favourite Hizen Masahiro which he waved about. Also presemt at the film studio, was Sanada Hiroyuki, the kendo instructor from The Last Samurai.

As I understand it, this film is all "Hollywood" and little Japanese history or culture and you will be disapointed if you expect anything else.

Clive Sinclaire.

Interesting Clive has met Neo :)

I hope you taught him sword etiquette?

Here is the trailer, very Manga.

Just so you know. Keanu reeves is half Japanese... I'm assuming they chose him to play this role with the intention of him being the intermediate real life version of the Japanese' take on anime-A Japanese person with an image of caucasion features.

They commonly choose caucasion people with asian features to play these roles in films.

Josh R.

Reeves is 1/32 Chinese plus other races that attrbuted to Hawaii and other places so he is not half Japanese.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..