Armor Book

md02geist

Hello all,

Can anyone make some recommendations of some good armor books that I may use to begin studying Japanese armor throughout the various eras? One with lots and lots of good pictures would be great -- I am an extremely visual learner. Also a book or books that aren't going to cost me hundreds of dollars to obtain copies of would also be good. I would like to start slowly. :)

Thank you!

start with those both ones here:

(here´s the direct link so to orter you an copy/do hardly recomment this site/very kind and smooth sellers)

http://www.toriilinks-editions.com/en/

afterwards you´ll most probably have an better "general" idea and will focus more spcific....

Christian

post-2022-14196829056082_thumb.jpg

post-2022-14196829056643_thumb.gif

I wanted to get that Trevor Absolon book but it seems to be on hold at the moment.
Trevor's first 2 books are the ultimate for learning about samurai armor, the third book has not come out yet. If you purchase and absorb the information in them you will not regret the purchase. Neither book is that expensive and Trevor has taken many detailed images from armors he owned or had access to and he has added detailed information that is not available in any other place that I know of. He has included glossaries of all the individual parts, reading his books are like taking a course in samurai armor. I purchased several copies of his first book, 2 copies of his second and am prepaid for 2 copies of his third. You can contact him at this email address. trevor@toraba.com

Ian Bottomley's book and Clive Sinclaire's book are also must have books that will help give you a good understanding of the history of samurai armor and weapons, well worth the price.

Links to discussions on Trevor's books.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10731&p=91164&hilit=trevor#p91164

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11763&p=100599&hilit=trevor#p100599

Here is a link to all the samurai armor images on Wiki commons

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Categ ... rai_armour

Here is a link to a template that contains all the samurai armor, weapons and equipment articles on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Japanese_(samurai)_weapons,_armour_and_equipment

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..