Tsuba Assistance

RobertM

Hi guys,

Please can i get some assistance with this tsuba. I was guessing Owari :dunno: Anyone able to identify the design? It's not in great shape as it has quite alot of active rust which id like to at least stabilise. Worth using bone to remove the red rust?

Rob M

post-145-14196825614163_thumb.jpg

There is also a product called "Break-free" which is very non-damaging but cuts rust when used w/ a bone or ivory to remove the rust. Just make sure to wipe it all off & re-apply little by little as you go. You can find the product at gun stores.

Curtis R.

I think you meant Ivory.... ;)

I would not want to make the tsuba angry...

KM

Hi KM,

The funny and ironic thing is these type of mistakes are the result of spelling autocorrect on my iPhone. I would go on to say don't over clean and leave the inside part of the sukashi alone. Only clean it if the rust is damaging the sukashi. Do not use any chemicals or oils to clean the rust.

Yours truly,

David Stiles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..