Newbie Looking for First Katana

Figured you would. :glee:

I am sure he'll pm it to you. Or he can create a thread in the izakaya for these pics and post them there. Just not in the threads for Nihonto stuff. This may not be nearly as serious or educational as I'd like it, but I'll be damned if I am going to actively promote a downhill slide.

Would be nice if 2012 could start a increase in intelligent debate and discussion here.

Brian

Little tip:

"..You are trying a silly stunt. Don't. Keep on learning. Buy later.." is clear English. It really doesn't need a picture to illustrate it.

You made a valid point. Watering it down with slightly humorous memes and images does nothing to emphasize your argument. The NMB is not the only thing becoming predictable.

Brian

There are people with money who simply want to own something without becoming an expert on the subject.

Joe asked for advice

So basically I’m looking for the expertise of the forum to give me direction and hopefully a recommended dealer I can contact.

So now he has got an earful of good advice about buying books and waiting years until he can become an expert on the subject, but what if Joe like so many people want to purchase an item whether an antique car, gun etc and just want to know how to approach this in the best way. Telling Joe how to properly take care of an antique Japanese sword and who can be trusted to sell him what he is looking for would probably be helpful also. I would recommend Richard Stein's site for sword care. http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/care.htm

As for who Joe can trust to buy a Japanese sword from I am sure there are many forum members who can recommend someone that they trust, also who not to trust (as in daimyou54eb ). I can recommend Moses Becerra, from the one experience I had purchasing a sword from Moses I was impressed. http://nihontoantiques.com/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..