The different Mei of Nagamitsu

Daniel

I never said we were the only Nagamitsu enthusiast !!! at the time rich and I were the only ones at the time  who were discussing Nagamitsu swords 

I would like to know how you Neil by only looking at pictures decided  my sword was acid etched post war!!  If any Nagamitsu sword owners or Nagamitsu sword enthusiast should any questions Neil has all your answers 

Cool your jets, my friend.  Honest questions, you'll get honest answers.  I'm enjoying your quest for knowledge and clarity.  Let's keep it that way.  Unless you are the one who did the acid wash, you have no reason to take offense.  If not, then ask and learn.  Neil's one of the greatest guys we have on this forum, I know him personally. 

• Like 1

My apologies Didn’t expect to get bad information after spending a good chunk of money!

I probably should know better buying from people I don’t know This is  the second sword I bought with issues   The last sword I purchased from  a known dealer !

I’m reluctant to buy any swords for a while since I’m not having much luck lately 

steve

I have to concur with Neil.  That sword definitely appears to have an amateur clean up.  Going by the colour, it looks like acid was used.   I don't believe the sword is ruined.   Depending on your budget,  you could consider having it assessed by Woody Hall.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I may be new to the hobby, but I already know that George Trotter is a legend! Lol. And props to Nick, Bruce, and others (names I can't recall, or have yet to discover) for their knowledgeable contributions. And, great info from this Nagamitsu/RJT discussion! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..