2011 DTI activities part III - sword appreciation meeting

The European and American branches of the NBTHK had arranged a sword appreciation meeting for members at the NBTHK. Mr. Hinoharara was kind enough to show and explain to us 10 important swords (among them two Jûyô Bijutsuhin) on a Monday, when the NBTHK is closed to the public, sacrificing his day off. One sword (with its Nakago covered) was up for Kantei.

post-13-14196814511748_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196814513045_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196814515545_thumb.jpg

GMan...

Outstanding pics and info!

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to upload all of that for us that couldn't make it. Looks like it was wonderful as always, and once again I am very, very jealous.

Guys..you have to do this trip at least once. Perhaps we should look at doing a NMB group booking with accommodation etc one year...hmmmmm :?:

Thanks Guido. If anyone has any stories or experiences to share from this year's DTI, please post them.

Brian

I think Henry means 3rd from the right, front row. Not the bearded chap..the one who does look a bit like your twin.... :lipssealed: :glee:
Oh, that's Nick (sorry, forgot the family name). Anyhow, I think both would take offense If they'd know that you guys think they somehow resemble me :shock:.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..