Big exhibition in Paris

Hi folks,

I decided not to add more overall pics from the exhibition. But there are some unusual features, I never saw before on armor (armor parts). Look here....

Uwe

Uwe, yes some interesting features, how about uploading your pictures to Photobucket etc and adding a link here, Im sure a lot of forum members who could not get to the exhibit would be interested in seeing them, I know I would!

Hi Eric,

ok, I`ll do so next weekend. Trying not to double Thierry`s pics ;)

Uwe

PS: Fairly quiet on "Toraba".......strange :dunno:

Uwe, its not the worse thing in the world having more than one image available of the same rarely seen item, with all the thousands of people taking pictures at this exhibit there will only be a handful of pictures ever made public.

Well Eric,

here the promised pics (unsorted :!: )

https://picasaweb.google.com/110028112641204575915/AusstellungBranly?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPH0rYbs0N2EiwE&feat=directlink

Sorry, but almost impossible to take clean pics because of the huge reflections :(

Uwe

Uwe, thanks, some good shots in there, and what the hell is this???

P1010789.JPG

Hi John,

yep, it`s a detachable Hana-no-ita (nose plate), there the gusari is mounted. I wonder how the Kuchi (mouth) guard (gusari) is fastened on the men. If this is not the case, it would be useless for protection :?

Uwe

PS: Mustache is missing.

Uwe, I don't think the mail is attached to the men itself. It is very heavy mail and I think it just hangs from the nose piece. My guess is that mail is very near rigid and just hangs over the mouth opening. You do wonder why it was made. Obviously a very special commission .

Ian Bottomley

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..