Sekiju nantoka

benkyoka

I was sent pictures of a blade in the hopes I could identify the smith and while I can easily make out that the mei starts with Seki Ju I am lost after that. Does anyone know a good resource (online, preferably, or other) which lists the Seki smiths so I can match up this signature? It may be I am missing something obvious and folks here can read the mei instantly but I am not at that level. A google search brought up some sites listing some Seki smiths but the I couldn't match up any kanji. As I can't recognize the Kanji that come after Seki Ju trying to match it with the resource books I have, while maybe not impossible, is definitely difficult and time consuming.

Once last question. Does anyone know of anyone in the Raleigh, NC area who would be able and willing to look at some blades in person to help out the guy who sent me these pictures? He is looking for info on the history of his blade and I told him without the blade in hand it is quite a bit more difficult. ;)

Thanks for your help!

sekiji.jpg

Hi,

Seki-ju Mori(family name) Toshiharu saku.

Morita-san,

助かりました! I thought that kanj might be Mori but I couldn't find a Mori in any of the lists I was looking at.

While I wait to get back home to my books, can anyone point me to a source for more information on this smith?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..