swrd case

seppuku

for what purpose? Do you want a safe, a waterproof bag to carry a sword to the dojo, something to store them around the house in, or...?

That said, You can check out Pelican cases - I have one of their longer ones and they're reasonably waterproof, pretty much indestructible, etc. But I haven't used it in a looong time, so...

I think there are some other cheaper waterproof gun cases made now which would also work. You might also look at a golf bag case as well.

Another option is to use ABS or PVC pipe and plumbing fittings - just put a clean out and cap on the ends of of a chunk of 3 or 4"abs or pvc tubing and you're good to go.

I've seen some smallish soft cases that would work for just hauling a single sword around, but that was years ago and I don't have a suggestion for these - maybe you could also look at some

of the "rafting bags" - it seems like some of these are pretty big these days, but YMMV on that.

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

Josh, you can spend a lot of money on Nihonto storage, or you can be smart & browse over to http://www.zcorrproducts.com/collection ... orage-bags & buy a ZCORR Vacuum Storage & Preservation Bag for under $20. I like these bags so much that I became a dealer for them, & have all my blades (& other weapons) stored in them.

True, my katanadansu doesn't look quite so pretty, but I don't have any problems with rust any more.

John, you oil the blade just once before placing it into the ZCORR bag; whatever condition it was in at that point is exactly what it will be when you remove it. I only have two years experience with these bags, but considering the high humidity here in Hawaii (we live right across the street from the Pacific Ocean), I'm fairly certain that nothing on the blade will change while it's enclosed. There is a Velcro-like seal that makes it a slight chore to open, so it won't happen by accident.

I had one wakizashi that somehow managed to get some really bad surface rust, so I just oiled it & placed it in a bag. Three months later when my togishi was able to get to it, there was no change that I could see, & I think that's one of the main advantages of this solution, John, not to mention that they're cheap. I've sold over 100 at my sword society meetings, based in large part by what the togishi said about them (he bought a dozen).

Ken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..