Gunto?

ehk

I don't think this is Gunto (except for the mounts); looks to be an older blade. I can make out Musashi Taro Yasukuni, I think. Could you post a better picture of the nakago (tang) with the signature oriented properly (tip of blade to the ceiling) and we'll be able to read it.

Grey

Rick

when you say "you came across this" i ASSUME, wrongly, that you saw it locally or maybe found it and now own it. I would prefer you include a link to a website if it is owned by someone else that way i can understand what i am commenting on. I am happy to help someone learn about their own sword, and do not mind commenting on something owned by others, but i think it is only fair and honest to let us know what the situation is before we comment. As previously noted this sword has aleardy been discussed

My apologies Mark, I do really appreciate the friendly help from the people here. With I came across I meant a friend of mine spotted it on a website (Munster's site) and showed it to me. I thought I might be able to learn something from this and decided to post it here. I should however used the search function a bit more intensive then I did.

Next time I will make sure I will post with a more clear background and more information like link. etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..