Antique Wakizashi??

It's genuine...but doesn't have a heck of a lot going for it.

Maybe worth $200 or so, but I wouldn't lay down big bucks. Needs a LOT of work, more than it is worth, and even then all you are going to end up with is a mediocre wakizashi with a cleaned nakago and possibly cast tsuba.

Hmm...unless it is dirt cheap, I would pass.

Brian

Why is everyone being so kind? Its rubbish! The koshirae would be worth more than the blade, and the koshirae is worth very little.

Authentic? All the bits are authentic but I doubt they are all original to the blade. Desirable? Not in the least.

Save your money for something a little less dubious.

Why is everyone being so kind? Its rubbish!
?????

Keith,

Everybody has clearly stated to stay away from it (if my understanding of English idioma is correct).

BTW, yes it is rubbish, probabilities are very strong that the Koshirae is made of bit and odds ...

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, for $225 you can buy a decent and interesting tsuba on ebay that you will enjoy and will hold its values and possibly your interest. Virtually any sword you can buy for that amount will be very poor unless you find a private sale from a seller that doesn't know what they have.

Jason, for $225 you can buy a decent and interesting tsuba on ebay that you will enjoy and will hold its values and possibly your interest. Virtually any sword you can buy for that amount will be very poor unless you find a private sale from a seller that doesn't know what they have.

Yes you are right.

As a matter of interest that wakizashi sold for $590NZD..... The price went right up near the end, I'm glad I passed on that one...

Jason

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..