help with mei - please

werner

Hi,

I received a sword and it has the mei that you can see in the pic below.....it took me 5 hours looking at it with a torch from all angles to come up with the result below....please excuse any mistakes the mei is so faint that I though first it hasn't got one....

Thanks heaps!

Jock

post-2261-14196795040382_thumb.jpg

I can't provide you with the exact kanji, but their meaning is quite clear, isn't it?

The four signs mean (from top to bottom):

-"Enjoy our snow covered mountains. Boards can be rented."

-"Fly JAL, then take a viking longship"

-"TV and free internet in all rooms."

-"Pass this gate and you'll never even know you've been here"

This mei is usually followed by a Kakihan of the Hokkaido Tourist Board. Can you find it?

Unfortunately their campaign wasn't very successful until now.

reinhard

....thanks Reinhard....is almost exactly what I came up with....only difference in my interpretation was:

-"Pass this DOOR and you'll never even know you've been here" - spoke to somebody who thought it might be a Masamune blade on which the artist put a gimei as he wanted to use some more kanji than usually on this blade....you can buy it for $15 + postage $75.000 (learned that of ebay)

Jock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..