Am I missing something here?

Hi,

I watched this one with a lot of interest as I sold the twin of this sword (- same smith - also mint and without a showa stamp - guess special order made...) approx 2 years ago for

$800 -- I died a slow death when I saw the bitting.....then again I came across a sword - limited edition (10) based on the "Lord of the Rings" film - made in NZ - single steel - not tempered - not laminated....basic principle (not boasting: I could make one like it) and this one sold for $7,500 on ebay last week.....it must certainly be that value is what the individual's thinks it should be...

Jock

3501$ for restored showato??? I have a friend who bought a Yasukuni in good condition for that price.

Really weird :doubt:

I can not see that this sword was described as being "restored", it does not mention being polished, no mention of tang stamp or oil-water tempered etc.

Ito, same and polish look like they were done yesterday to me.

I agree with you Bruno, I do not think this sword was unused, the blade looks polished and the tsuka seems to have been restored. It seems to be a lot of money for what looks like an oil tempered blade from the pictures I can see.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..