Papers for Menuki found,is the owner out there?

Lindus

Just sorting through a box of old junk I found this,marked in pencil is the name "Stanley Kellert". Why this has been descarded and what the paper says I have no idea.

Should the current owner of these Menuki require the paper let me know, would be pleased to return to him,no charge.

Regards

Roy

post-1746-14196786323117_thumb.jpg

Hello Roy,

This is a certificate of KANTEISHO (appraisal) certainly by NBTHK but former standard issue.

The name written in roman letters is the name of the owner at the time of certification.

This is a pair of menuki, in shakudo, mumei (without signature), and in parenthesis the attribution is given to HAMANO.

Try to find the different certificates of former NBTHK in order to identify if it is kitcho, tokubetsu kitcho or koshu tokubetsu kitcho certificate. Look at the collum beginning by __.

Best regards

Marc

Funny thing is that I bought some items from Stanley Kellert years ago (not sure if it was books or fittings), but don't recognize that one.

Thanks to bothe the above. Is Stanley Kellert still about? perhaps he might like to claim this paper as I have no use for it.

Roy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..