Morimitsu

simonjbinks

HI Guys,

Sorry to keep bugging you with these questions but it's been 15 years since I was last collecting and a lot of terminology and kanji have buried themselves deep within my neurological network.

This is a good very wakzashi signed Morimitsu, but I can't get the first few characters to ascertain as to whether it is one on of the high-ranking Morimitsu.

I have found a similar signature - same kanji but not so sure about the authenticity (of the sword I'm comparing), on page 537 of Koto-Hen. I can't find a match in Hawley and all my other books are in storage.

Again, really appreciate any help here.

Thanks guys.

Simon Binks

post-1830-14196778106386_thumb.jpg

Dear Koichi-San,

Thanks. I missed the link somehow.

$1500 for a ni-dai Bizen Morimitsu. This is what I mean. Do you think this genuine? The mei looks worn and contemporary with the wear on the nakago, but there are some differences between this sword and the examples in Koto Hen. I just wish I had all my other books at hand.

Thanks again Koichi-San. Sorry to keep bugging you, but this Nihonto thing is the strongest drug I know of. I don't know what it is but since the age of around 10, I've always been fascinated by all things Japanese. The sword personifies all those, so I guess it's just a carry-on from there.

All the best,

Simon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..