My katana Please have a look.

Jeff w

• 2 weeks later...

jeff,

that is great. i go to china every so often. i was not aware there are swords there left from the Japanese.

is there a group in china who deals in Japanese swords? i see there seems to be a group on that discussion furom where you sword is posted.

eric

Jeff,

Can't tell you much about your blade from the pics, but it does look like a very nice blade, with a nice sugata and looks like the hamon is still there and healthy. May very well be worth a polish indeed.

How about posting a bit about Nihonto collecting in China? I know there are a few genuine collectors, but we are all fairly clueless about the laws, number of genuine blades and attitudes to Nihonto in China.

I have seen that forum before, and looks like there is a small but active community there.

How about a short article on Nihonto in China?

My boss is Chinese, and was a diplomat. He tells me about large stockpiles of Japanese swords in museums there (not publicly displayed) and is fairly certain that there are still lots of swords there, but no-one seems able to lay their hands on them.

Regards,

Brian

brian,

your boss said there is a stock pile of swords in china? if it is there then it must not be taken care of very well. would you be able to dig any info out of him? might be able to check with some contacts to see if any of this stuff might "trickle" out.

eric

dear Brain

I will post some pix of my friends swords after get their permision.

there many JP swords left in china.

the Japanese lost the war and left china withought carring anything.

but the condition of the blades are not very good usually--anyway they can be polished out most of them.

I also have a masanori blade and a 11 kanesada--It was sold:-(

and several mumei blade.

Fan:

when you come to China,you can contack me I will show you my blades I am in Liao Ning.

Jeff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..