Any opionons on this Koshirae

bullpuppy

That metal work just isn't quality. Are they iron? copper?. Finer koshorie would have refined pieces on the saya. I have seen a few incredibley done koshirie with nanako and/or ishime on all parts. These just looked like they were hammered out and thrown on. I don't think a samurai would be proud to wear that. So I would agree that it is most likely tourist piece. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was chinese. That tsuba just looks like it was unnaturally aged? That's my guess.

Kamakiri Ken

Sastume rebellion koshirae that lookis like this. A lot of it was slapped together at the last minute with little funds or supplies available.

Those menuki look molded, the same is genuine, these do have all the hallmarks of a mish mash of odd bits and pieces that are meiji or later though.

I have heard this seller is the full bottle when it comes to armour but does not have a lot of knowledge about other Nihotno related items. Still, lots seem to buy off him. I have bought magazines from him and he is a nice guy.

Rich

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..