goinlower's items of interest

Hi Todd.

Jargon .... slang term for the technical phraseology of experts.

Just an observation that you hadnt yet adopted all the usual technical terms in the description of the sword. Believe me, its not a criticism. Many of the sellers on ebay misuse those terms in trying to be 'correct'. At least you havent fallen into that trap. ;)

Hey Todd,

first, thanks for the 4 books. won ebay auction and they are just fine.

you mentioned stoneware??? is any going up soon? and for the swords, go with above -- auction house in NY that specialize in weapons. they will give fair appraisal as they want to maximize sale for their commision. you know this, anyway.

great stuff. the best to your grandma.

doug e

Todd, are not you aware that you are not alloed to collect! :lol:

really, i would love to see that one stoneware you do not want.

auction houses? thought Ted had mentioned some -- can't locate right now, but Sotherby's has a weapons section. there are others, and Sotherby's would point you to them. also contact the NY tOKEN kAI

in NMB organization links, by NMB masthead, i am sure web link is there.

paperpacks just have to be bundled [like ich-kizu katana in the segoku era] with like topic and sold for cheap. fiction -- no. none fiction -sure.

[Ted/Brian/Jean, i am sorry if i am exceeding limits of topic or thread, just exciting stuff to be at the beginning] :oops:

thanks again for the books :thanks: --- and fast shipping.

doug e

i have around 60 pieces of stoneware,, diff designs and birds,, there cool to put around the house.. ill send you pics of the one i wanna get rid of.. i called christies auction house and they wanted me to make out forms, send pics, then they wld call me down the road to look at them.. its more of a hassel then its worth.. Im not making a dime off any of these items and i really dont have hours to spend to try to sell them. I have had 1 guy come to the house and take pics and look but he told me from the start he didnt really know a ton about swords but wld make a offer,, i know what my grams is looking to get for the lot" 26" swords,, so now i just gotta find some one that wants to fly in and take a look...todd

call the NY sword club. they might help.

and sometimes fittings worth more than sword or other way. really is worth the time to get it right, but you got to work, also, i guess. :roll:

ya love to see stoneware -- one you don't want and others --- and anything you know about it. just enough for me to do some research would be OK. may save you the trouble and commision with Ebay. :clap:

thanks

doug e

Hey Todd,

first, thanks for the 4 books. won ebay auction and they are just fine.

you mentioned stoneware??? is any going up soon? and for the swords, go with above -- auction house in NY that specialize in weapons. they will give fair appraisal as they want to maximize sale for their commision. you know this, anyway.

great stuff. the best to your grandma.

doug e

Doug, so your the bidder that kept winning all the books I wanted! They were very popular.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..