Tampa Show Ending. This year will be final show

Hi James,

Could you tell us more please? I recently received the FTK Newsletter and there was no mention of the shows coming to an end. There was a rumor floating around the last San Francisco show that there would be no Tampa show in 2010, which turned out to be false. What specifically have you heard?

Grey

I agree kind of odd how they communicated it. I would have thought to have seen something in the newsletter etc.... Oh well maybe we should just cross our fingers and hope someone is playing a very early April fools prank on me with this letter. Maybe one of you guys is just trying to get me not to come to Tampa next year to eliminate some competition. :)

Doubt it though. Sorry to say looks like we are losing another show.

Yeah, you're right Pete. I can't read the date on the letter (I don't have my 3D glasses :lol: ) but all those letters to Santa asking "All I want for Christmas is a job" are probably jamming up the system. :)

Yes, it is sad to see the Florida show go the way of the passenger pigeon. It's yet another one to add to the list of RIP's like Houston, San Antonio, and Santa Barbara. I've had some fundamental differences with the way the Florida show has been run over the years, but certainly it is important to maintain these venues as a point of introduction and perpetuation of appreciation. I hope someone will step up, take up the show, and enable it some needed momentum.

• 1 month later...

Yes it is sad to see a venue disappear and is all the more reason to get involved and attend regional shows if at all possible. I am ashamed to say that I had canceled trips to the Tampa show before and this will be my first true Nihonto show (yes I am a virgin).With luck there will be another one to attend in 2011.

Be there or be square :D

Alan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..