Lost another good one.

All,

It is with deep regret that I have to announce that our former moderator Guido has requested to be removed from this task, and I have reluctantly complied.

Whilst having his own reasons for this, I am sorry to lose him, as he has been a huge help to myself and the NMB over the past few years.

Those that know the stress and time involved will no doubt understand. He leaves some pretty huge shoes to fill, as did those before him.

He was not only a good (and unique ;) ) mod, but those that know him will know that he is also a great guy, with a brilliant sense of humour, and an amazing host. My wish is that I make it back to Japan sometime, and am able to sit with you Guido and share a round of drinks. :beer:

I am going to have to take some time and decide how best to proceed, and whether to look for another helping hand or not. Not many with the time and dedication, in that specific timezone.

Guido, you have my huge thanks, as well as the members here. I sincerely hope that you will still be around here, and your advice and particular wit is always welcome anytime.

I only hope Ted doesn't collapse under the additional pressure :lol:

Regards,

Brian

Guido,

I think the board owes you a great vote of thanks for your efforts and willingness to share your knowledge which was gained through many years of study. In addition your forthright and often humorous approach has helped to cut through and head off some of the less productive discussions that have developed on occassion.

Thank you very much for your efforts and contribution.

Best Regrds

paul

Guido,

I think the board owes you a great vote of thanks for your efforts and willingness to share your knowledge which was gained through many years of study. In addition your forthright and often humorous approach has helped to cut through and head off some of the less productive discussions that have developed on occassion.

Thank you very much for your efforts and contribution.

Best Regrds

paul

his knowledge and dedication to nihonto was second to none in my opinion..although i never him personally he has and always will have my respect.

Hmmm.... that's a heavy blow to the site. Your presence was always felt, and people kept generally in line under your strict and fair 'guidoance'. If they didn't, through ignorance or carelessness, then soon learnt to ... :badgrin: The place was better for it.

Will miss you. Hoping you will continue to stay around in any capacity. Many thanks. :clap:

Thank you all for the kind words, both on- and offline. Although some of them sound a little like an obituary, I'm in fact still alive and kicking, just no mod kicks anymore ;). I surely will drop by from time to time, so don't let your guard down just yet ... :badgrin:

post-13-14196770648146_thumb.jpg

Guido...It's morning here...I just woke up to find that you are "retiring". I am sorry to see you are handing in your clogs. As a relative "newbie" here I still don't understand your "humour", but I do understand and appreciate the hard job you had as Moderator. I will miss your silent photo comments such as the sad eyed puppy and bird chasing cat...these show your true nature.

Thank you for a hard job well done.

George Trotter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..