Koshirae Restoration Service?

Rictus

My first sword purchase was an Edo period nihonto crafted by fujiwara sadahiro. https://nihontoclub.com/smiths/SAD380 what attracted me to the sword aside from the price I got it at was the hamon and signature and the overall condition of the blade and size. I specifically wanted something signed from the Edo period with a beautiful or unique hamon. The blade only came with the shirasaya and no koshirae. only the habaki and mekugi came with it. I did some research and found that a few people would actually make a new koshirae for my sword. I recently purchased a tsuba and menuki and kashira fuchi all from the Edo period in hopes to have this all mounted into koshirae. the two online that came up that offered the services were one in portland and another in florida. I emailed both of these gentleman but have not heard back from either of them. could anyone help me in the right direction for someone who could offer this service to me? I don't imagine this is blasphemy what I'm trying to do or will harm the value of the katana. was hoping it would increase the value but at least I will have a complete piece. thank you. 

9 minutes ago, O koumori said:

All I can tell you is that the one in Florida will be better than the one in Portland.

Based on the reviews I read I kind of gathered the same. I think mr. portland is getting close to retirement anyway. I wish the other gentleman would get back to me but no other contact info I could find on his website besides email. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..