Kizus on a shinto blade

masondj

15 hours ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Unless there is something otherwise remarkable about it (exceptional mounts, very cheap or a particular smith you collect) then best to avoid.

I agree, I'll tolerate if the price is cheap and overall condition is good.

Well, that everyone must decide for themselves. 

I knew someone who was so focused on a Hadaware on a blade that he was blind to the actual quality and beauty of the blade. He sold it again pretty quickly.

Also, I'm always fascinated how some people spot the smallest speck of dust in seconds, while absolutely ignoring an excellent Deki. (My wife is one of them... :glee: )

Therefore: smaller hadaware in the yakiba can hardly be concealed by the togishi, completely different than in the ji or shinogiji. Only, many hardly discover these places, respectively, they are less noticeable.

If the pictures were from a Hankei, probably no one would have more problems with this sword.;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..