Anyone for a new career?

I don't know why people are so upset by the prospect of learning for 5 years for no pay. Many people pay huge amounts of money for the privilege of learning at a university for more than time than that. I spent 8 years earning my degrees at two different universities. I was fortunate that my father paid for my undergraduate degree, but I paid for my master's degree out of my own pocket.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he could only offer an apprenticeship as a living deshi like the one experienced, I'd be on my flight already!  Unfortunately, coming to Japan as a lonely loner + having to pay for rent and food in an unpaid apprenticeship is impossible without any big funds. Five years without payment though are in my opinion, nothing for what you will get in return. Knowledge, independence, confidence in yourself and much more. It will be very hard yeah, but you've got to fully commit. I don't understand the upset folks. Today we all have to make the quick $$$ as early as possible, don't we? B-)

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..