Mumei Shinto period

Lareon

Paz,

maybe you mixed something up?

KANBUN period is about 1640 to 1680, so early SHINTO. SHIN-SHINTO (1780 to 1876) was not mentioned. 

This blade may well be SHINTO (especially if there is an attribution...;-)) but with photos alone you may not be able to confirm.

9 hours ago, ROKUJURO said:

Paz,

maybe you mixed something up?

KANBUN period is about 1640 to 1680, so early SHINTO. SHIN-SHINTO (1780 to 1876) was not mentioned. 

This blade may well be SHINTO (especially if there is an attribution...;-)) but with photos alone you may not be able to confirm.

Hi Jean yes I know that 

I was implying it looked shinshinto from first glance . 

Hi Tony,

It may just be the angles of the photographs but to me the one of the whole blade with the tsuka off looks like a different blade to the one in the other photos. 

What’s the length of the kissaki? It seems like an extended chu kissaki in some photos  but not in others. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:23 AM, Shugyosha said:

Hi Tony,

It may just be the angles of the photographs but to me the one of the whole blade with the tsuka off looks like a different blade to the one in the other photos. 

What’s the length of the kissaki? It seems like an extended chu kissaki in some photos  but not in others. 

I think it's the mixture of different camera focal lengths is making the size appear to elongate on the kissaki.

The kissaki is 3.5cm long and 1.5cm from the geometric tip of the yokote to the back of the sword.

I've taken a few more from that side just quickly with my phone as the light conditions are good to bring out the hamon

Also got the boshi here

PXL_20220806_113837084~2.jpg

PXL_20220806_113855464~2.jpg

PXL_20220806_113857536~2.jpg

PXL_20220806_113941631~2.jpg

PXL_20220806_161611551.jpg

PXL_20220806_161540529.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..