Little downtime coming up

Hi all,
Just a notification of a little possible downtime for an hour or 2 in the next day or 2.
We are updating server PHP software, so if you get any pages not available, it should be up shortly thereafter.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's inevitable.
There are always security updates to prevent malicious attacks, and the newest update to the software (nothing major) requires a newer version of PHP.
So we have to do it. I am determined to keep software up to date. Another small militaria forum I run on bayonets was hacked, and all the files changed. It's not fun at all.

Brian

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Ok, so the downtime is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) at 8am South Africa time till about 10:30 or so.
That's 2am Eastern Standard Time, and 6am GMT

I know a ton of people won't read this, and will be taken by surprise. More reason to read the entire forum daily. Hopefully, all goes well

Brian

• Haha 1

Yip..one of the main reasons I did this upgrade. I have wanted that for a looong time.
Next one will be about how to press enter after a sentence, so that the images don't float in the middle of the page and sentence ;-)
This will have multiple uses, including moderators being able to send a message to one person using a pop-up, and even allowing a reply from that popup. Good for when a warning is too severe, but we need to address something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..