Ayanakoji Sueyuki (NBTHK), katana 70cm, Kamakura period

Rivkin

70cm nagasa, some (minor in shinogi-ji,as pictured) ware but overall the work is clean and in a good condition for Kamakura period. Different books give different dates for Ayanokoji Sueyuki, circa 1270 being one of the possibilities here.

LOTS of activity. midare utsuri, chouji in ko nie with plenty of sunagashi, tobiyaki etc. Jigane has a strong white hue, mostly itame. You will not find another at the same price.

11K USD.

I was way too lazy not selling some of the items until yen collapsed... Now they have to be downpriced accordingly.

Full or partial trade is of interest, but interested only in "interesting" items.

Will be selling it at SF sword show, please see my table.

All blades have habaki, shirasaya, sword bag.

The work is very tight and clean, but there is always one week inspection period to make sure.

B0018782-Edit.jpg

B0018789-Edit.jpg

B0018823-Edit-Edit.jpg

B0018837-Edit-Edit.jpg

B0018871-Edit-Edit.jpg

B0018912-Edit-Edit.jpg

B0019184-Edit.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Discounter to 9.5K USD.

P.S. I finally figured out Fujishiro's pictures trick.

These photographs are much more representative; first is how 80% of the blade looks like, the second one is the most problematic portion with ware in shinogi ji and overall being sort of rough.

B0023890-Edit-Edit.jpg

B0024128-Edit-Edit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..