FS: Japanese WWll Naval officer`s sword

equ

Up for sale is a Japanese WWll Naval officer`s sword in excellent condition, It measures 25+3/8" tip to the guard, 24+3/4" cutting edge, 1+1/8" width, 6 mm thickness at the notch and 38" in mountings.

The temper line is attractive gunome-choji temper pattern throughout the blade and has deep temper at the point.

It came with brown Naval sword tassel, no cut, no fade and in mint condition. Tsuba and o-seppa are matched number 0346 stamped and kikusui-mon stamped on ko-seppa.

The handle is tight fit with kikusui-mon engraved copper habaki, tsuka-ito wrapping is no cut, no loose.

The scabbard is same-gawa (ray-skin) covered wood scabbard, no tear, no crack, no bend.

The forging grain is tight itame-hada, no opening, no blister, no forging flaws.

The blade is in original polish, no rust, no stain well maintained.

Japanese WWll Naval officer`s sword in kaigunto mountings, The blade is signed "Kikusui mon, Minatogawa Jinja Masanao 菊水紋, 湊川神社正直", dated "Showa Juhachi-nen Ku-gatsu hi (a day, Sep., 1943) 昭和十八年九月日", shinogi-zukuri shape, WWll time period made blade. 

Asking Price: USD$8000

If you are interested kindly send me a message or mail

keyh503 at gmail dot com

Thanks for looking..!!!

iy1.jpg

iy2.jpg

iy3.jpg

iy8.jpg

iy9.jpg

Is that really worth 8 grand ? Without papers too ? I’m not being rude just shocked and admittedly surprised if true ,as I just saw some ww2 swords going for 500 bucks but admittedly I’m an amateur, and know enough that navy stuff would sadly be harder to get as most lives were lost as sea…pretty cool as I’m looking to start my collection being a DVET ,and want stuff my sons would want to keep later in life..

It is.
I expect any potential buyer would ask for a video showing the sword in more detail, since you are using the eBay pics Herman?
You purchased this from Showa22 and are reselling?
Please give us some feedback in order to continue with the listing. Thanks

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..