Buying advice on a blade

Hi all I'm wondering how much to offer for this blade on Facebook. 

I a m looking for a tanto. 

This is unpapered signed hikoshiro sadamune. However I think @Ray Singerhas beleived that this blade is possible Gimei. And the blade may be uda ,which fits into my collection. The horimono may have been done after. 

Here's the pics , I'm looking under 700usd maybe much more. 

Again there is no shinsa papers. But the seller is determined that its genuine work by sadamune. 

Thanks Screenshot_20220716-101313_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7e0c99e5c2100b562e3e4bc6d2acfc3d.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-101319_Facebook.jpg

No Shinsa papers, gimei.  In fact, I have a faint memory that there are NO signed Sadamune blades in existence???  This likely an utsushimono.  In any event, as Kirill notes, high resolution photos are required for this one.

BaZZa.

• Like 1

Hi Paz

i fully support buying things you like…..gimei or not! Like they say, buy the blade not the Mei. However I would have a long hard look at the horimono. The images you post are not great but the main figural carving looks pretty rough to me. Of course it could just be the poor quality of the image. Trouble is horimono were (are) often added to either conceal flaws or enhance the perceived value. They can look flashy at a distance but crap up close! Can you get better pics? Good luck! Colin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..