Bukuro for matchlock

The placement of the kamon might support the notion that this indeed is a bukuro for an edged weapon like a naginata.

This crossed hawkfeather kamon, is placed so that the bukuro should be carried pointing up. 
On most of the teppo bukuro I’ve encountered, the kamon is placed to facilitate the bukuro to be carried more or less horizontally (resting on your shoulder).

Include a picture of a leather teppo bukuro were the kamon is placed according to the above description.

11F1D3C2-148C-4BAF-8F36-632BA28DA337.thumb.jpeg.eb148e95306c4103145e2d217f693e79.jpeg

Whatever might be the case, it’s still a very nice bukuro. 

Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, Thanks. As I told Anthony , I'm not sure what it is other than what I was told. It came from an old matchlock collection that is being dispersed after the collector passing. It had a tag as a Bukuro for a gun but could have been mistaken. The ties at the bottom did not look like other pole arm ties I have seen. I hope someone might have an image of what ever it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..