Tsukamoto Kazuyuki 100 years of gendaito

Sutraken

Dear members, 

as requested in the for sale section, I would be pleased to get a translation of the particular page of the book „100 years of gendaito“ which states that Kazuyuki is a former mei of Tsukamoto Okimasa. 

All the best 

Stefan

6CDF8C6E-B995-4C17-9361-4BF8A85A2CE1.jpeg

• Like 2

Shōwa 9 (1934)
Moved to Tōkyō and apprenticed under Kasama Ikkansai Shigetsugu. Accompanied Shigetsugu to the Japan Tanren Denshusho where he learned the basics of swordsmithing. First mei used was Kazunori (和則) in 1937, then Kazuyuki (和行) in 1938. 

Shōwa 14 (1939)
Became independent and established a sword forge in Tōkyō's Setagaya ward. Took the name Okimasa which incorporates the characters "arise" (oki) and "correct" (masa) from the phrase "To rise up correctly" 

Kazuyuki.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Steve, 

thank you very much for the translation. The question about Okimasa‘s former mei was discussed in the past in other threads, so the given information will give some more light in Okimasa’s biography. 

All the best 

Stefan

Hello George, 

thank you very much for the oshigata. 

I have currently a Tsukamoto Kazuyuki katana for sale. David Flynn asked me to get the shown page from the book „100 years of gendaito“ translated, because I show this particular page as a proof that Kazuyuki was a former mei of Tsukamoto Okimasa. I am always thankful to learn more about one of my favorite smiths. 

All the best 

Stefan 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..