FS Katana Koto era Mino Mumei papered (UK sale)

Paz

Hi all. It saddens me but im going to part with my first Koto blade, as I need funds for a new sword. As often happens. 

This will be a UK sale only, and that being England(preferably south) as I'm personally going to deliver the sword or you can collect. This is due to insurance cost and the pain of finding a courier. My last purchase was also within the UK by personal meeting. 

The sword is 64cm. Mumei late muromachi  Mino kanesaki akasaka senjuin school with Hozon papers and Meiji era koshiare.

Blade length:64.9cm or 25.5inches.
Sori:1.8cm or 0.70inches.
Mekugi:3
Width at the hamachi:2.95cm or 1.16inches.
Width at the Kissaki:2.01cm or 0.79inches.
Kasane:0,64cm or 0.25inches.
The weight of the sword:710grams.

Era:The late Muromachi period.
Shape:Regular width and thickness. Sori is deep and Kissaki is longer.
Jigane: Itame-Hada and Mokume-Hada well grained, Jinie attached and Shirake Utsuri appears.
Hamon:Konie deck, Togari-gunome and roundish shaped Gunome, and keeping with sharp(Togari) parts and mild Togari-gunome, at Boshi Midarekomi and turns back round.

This sword is a piece with Togari-gunome midare, Sunagare and Kinsuji work in Hachu like Senjuin. It is polished by Sashikomi-ish way, so that we can see the work in Hachu very well, never inferior to Kanemoto in all matters. Koshirae is simple and quiet, however it is supposed to be used by the Imperial Army in the last years of the Edo period, Tsuba and Fuchikashira are interesting: Tsuba is supposed to be a Namban Tsuba from Nagasaki. 

I have many photos and will post more up. 

Im starting price around £3,500.00 but I'm open to offers. 

Please PM me with offers. 

Screenshot_20220621-122810_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-121915_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-121123_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-122755_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-122433_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-112401_Gallery.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..