Deciding a school and age for mumei crane f/k

Ron STL

Here you see a very nice mumie f/k depicting cranes on shakudo, nanako ji. The shakudo and gold have rich color. Nanako is well made but fairly large size. I've never put these through shinsa. I can see a "kyo-kinko" call on these or possibly "Mito," but there are other more specific calls out there, too. Just looking for a few knowledgeable opinions. Thank guys and gals. 

Ron STL

4a Cranes  fuchi.jpg

4b Cranes kashra.jpg

Cranes 1bfuchi.jpg

Ron, I used to be disconcerted when no one responded or commented on something I posted until it was pointed out that it could be because members themselves were unsure and might not want to take a stab/a guess.

Sometimes putting forward your opinion works because members then have something to either correct or otherwise.

Roger j

6 hours ago, John A Stuart said:

Have you compared it to the Ishiguro bunch? The Sasa leaves seem to be something I recollect from somewhere. John

Thanks John, everyone. I did mention "kyo-kinko" and "Mito" based on some recent shinsa opinions of fittings, but never felt confident to declare that on this set. John, I did come across something that did indeed mention Ishiguro school but again, enough to declare that. To explain this, I'm selecting several items to place in our 2023 KTK catalog, and I often try too hard to describe "unauthenticated" items. I take it too serious, a fault of mine. Everything gets edited anyway, before publication. I have loved this set plus I have some gold flying cranes that go well with them. 

Meanwhile, I'll check what I found earlier on Ishiguru as a possibility. Thanks guys.

Ron STL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..