Dai Token Ichi 2009, when??

• 3 months later...

Could somebody please fill me in on the details of this?

It just so happens that my business partners wife wants to go to Japan :bowdown:, so myself and said business partner have reasoned that makes a perfect excuse to spend our spare company cash on a small holiday at the end of October.

Talk about luck...

I take it this is a must see?

Lee, it takes place at the Tokyo Bijutsu Club Bld., 6-19-15 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo. The entrance fee for all three days (including a catalog) is Yen 1,500. No need to apply in advance. No Shinsa per se, but they have a "get your family treasure appraised" corner.

It's basically a huge sales show - prepare for sensory overload! :lol:

And I hate you all for not taking me with you!

Yes, 2008 was probably one of the best they will ever have, but it is really something that every collector needs to do.

Ok, that's just the social events. The DTI is pretty good too. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sad me and Nix won't be there.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Some more detailed info for those who visit the DTI for the first time:

I find it most convenient, easy and least time consuming to go to the DTI via Onarimon station on the Mita line (see attached map). Take exit # 4, make a 180 degree turn, walk a few steps to the big intersection and turn left there. After 100 or so meters (and passing a fire station on the left) you'll see the Red Cross building across the street on the right, and to your left the Tōkyō Bijutsu Club, just like in the attached picture with the DTI sign.

Opening hours are from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on the first two days, and 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on the third day. The show is located on the 3'rd and 4'th floors, but registration is on the 4'th floor. If prices didn't increase, 1,500 Yen will buy you a 3 day pass including a nice catalog.

For finding out what train and subway lines to use, and how long it takes and costs, there's a nifty tool: http://www.hyperdia.com/. Actually it's very helpful to find out any train connection within Japan - just click on "English" in the upper left corner and put in the station names without spaces.

See you in two months!

post-13-14196768863774_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196768866318_thumb.jpg

Damn, wish I had that info last year when we were there. Could have avoided walking around in circles for an hour, hailing a taxi, trying for 20 minutes to explain what a Dai Token Ichi is, and then catching a taxi a few blocks to the venue. :rotfl: :glee:

Great info Guido...wish I was there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

That won't make it much cheaper, Stephen, the most economical way is having one of the US collectors buying them and bringing them back in his suitcase. Some dealers like Andy Quirt and Fred Weisberg usually buy a few catalogs for North American customers, too, if I recall correctly.

G'day all,

Does anyone know if the DTI catalog is available for purchase on the net? Failing that, if anyone from down under is going would they be able to pick up a copy for me? Of course you would be fully reimbursed for the catalog, postage and inconvenience (I can't afford to pay for your travel and accomodation though...otherwise I'd be there myself!! :( )

Thanks,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..