FS: Tamba-no Kami Yoshimichi Wakizashi w/ shirasaya

NewB

Hola,

Antique Japanese Wakizashi Signed Tanba No Kami Yoshimichi w/ shirasaya.

This appears to be an early generation. On the omote the signature reads Tanba-no Kami Yoshimichi but on the ura I see something that resembles (ichi). Please inspect closely. Kobushigata choji hamon (plenty of togari-ba (hard to photo) is typical for one of the branches of the Mishina school. The hada is extremely well knitted itame hada that even goes above the shinogi where masame could be seen. The boshi shows many traits of the school as well. To my eyes I can't see any forging flaws, no blisters. The only place I find that is below the habaki (pictured). The blade is laser sharp and it's got very deep curvature and it measures:

20 7/8" cutting edge

5.6 mm motogasane

22mm motohaba

19.6mm sakihaba

The shirosaya shows some wear but it is solid, fits the blade nice and it closes tight! Not sure of the signature. I got it as it is almost identical in every aspect to my Yamato Yoshimichi. As is, as described - no returns. Please do your research. Thank you!

$1450 plus fees and shipping obo

P.s. have and can take many photos, just ask please.

J.

20220608_164838.jpg

20220608_165036.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..