Mumei Wakizashi NTHK Tango no Kami Kanemichi with Papered Koshirae

Death-Ace

Hey guys! I have another set for sale. Just found my dream sword, though I had this for a short while and enjoyed it, must get the funds as well. The blade is in excellent condition, other from a spot of ware near the mune and one spot of fine putting towards the kissaki on the mune. Definitely a lot to study. I will add the description from when I bought it.

Nagasa:  20 1/8"  51.1 cm.

Sori:  1.5 cm.

Moto haba:  2.8 cm.

Moto kasane:  .7 cm.

Saki haba:  1.7 cm.

Saki kasane:  .4 cm.

Nakago nagasa:  6 1/4"  16 cm.

Overall in koshirae:  30"  76.5 cm.

Shinogi zukuri, iore mune, small kissaki, koshi zori. The hada is tight ko-itame in bright ji-nie. The hamon begins with a bump at the machi and continues as suguba in nioi guchi covered in ko-nie. The boshi is sugu ending in chu-maru and a longish kaeri. Other than for 1 instance of small, old pitting on the edge between the shinogi ji and mune, the blade is flawless. It comes with a solid silver double habaki. This comes with a paper from the NTHK, dated 2009 and giving it to Tango no Kami Kanemichi of Genroku period (1688)

The koshirae is han dachi. The saya is lacquered to look like cherry bark (quite nicely done). The tsuba is Heianjo Zogan, brass in iron. The menuki are gold and shakudo. The fuchi kashira and all the saya fittings are han dachi style of copper and en suite. There is a sleeve in the saya for kogatana/kotsuka but they are missing. Other than for one chip in te lacquer it is intact. The tsuka ito is intact and there are a couple missing chips of the same'. The koshirae comes with a paper from the NTHK, dated 2011.

There were 2 generations of Tango no Kami Kanemichi, working in close succession. The paper doesn't specify a generation but the Genroku date is better tied to the Nidai (2nd generation). Both are respected smiths; this wakizashi is a good example of why that is true. Nice package. 2 pounds, 5 ounces.

SOLD

Will take more photos if needed!

IMG_6443_0.jpeg

IMG_6434.jpeg

IMG_6462.jpeg

IMG_6463_0.jpeg

IMG_6466_0.jpeg

IMG_6467_0.jpeg

IMG_6468_0.jpeg

IMG_6470_0.jpeg

IMG_6471_1.jpeg

IMG_6473_1.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..