I have a stupid question...

The lines are put on by a polisher. It may identify his work to other polishers or collectors who know what a specific polisher uses. You can also sometimes find such line on the kissaki area mune. The lines are made with a burnishing tool.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ray Singer said:

Ah... Sorry. I just couldn't figure out how to describe them to get an answer to come up in google. My lack of command of the English language. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

It's only a stupid question when not using the search "Yasuri-me" http://meiboku.info/guide/form/yasurime/index.htm

In todays society>>>???

What he is asking about is not called Yasurime! Yasurime is the file marks on the nakago!!! Maybe you should research more before passing judgment to others.. and always in such demeaning manner. Shame.

J.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Darkcon said:

What he is asking about is not called Yasurime! Yasurime is the file marks on the nakago!!! Maybe you should research more before passing judgment to others.. and always in such demeaning manner. Shame.

J.

Try to keep up kid, I'm on to the marrow of the bone. 

• Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Try to keep up kid, I'm on to the marrow of the bone. 

I wish there was something to keep up with 😆 

You clearly are an idiot - period. 

J.

• Like 2

@Baba Yaga You clearly didn't even read the question. He's asking about Nagashi lines and you are talking about yasurime. Lets imagine the question was Yasurime...How could he able to search it without knowing the word? On top of that, what's wrong with helping out a new member?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okan said:

On top of that, what's wrong with helping out a new member?

When being condescending is the real “marrow of the bone”, being gracious and ‘helping’ really isn’t a consideration.  

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..