My Dansu is Home!

Just drove this home from Louisville, KY. I was able to borrow my father-in-law’s SUV. It fit in the back perfectly. 

I need to do some slight modifications of the drawers, but I think it looks nice. It’s a perfect fit for my living room. 

AFED214A-FDE4-447B-BAFC-3FEECDB28D85.jpeg

07371410-5BEB-413D-942D-654877BCC341.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Your tansu looks nice there.
(Hope there are no earthquakes in your area though.)

We have had one very small one that I felt in the last 25 years or so. Apparently we had one hell of a storm the other day. My wife and I missed it as we were in Kentucky at the time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ROKUJURO said:

don't rest your swords on the TSUKA as this might damage your SAYA in case you have a real blade mounted. 

Currently, there is just a tsunagi fitted in both sets of koshirae. I suppose I should remove the kogatana from the wakizashi koshirae and the saya might fit that way. 

3 hours ago, ROKUJURO said:

Charles,

don't rest your swords on the TSUKA as this might damage your SAYA in case you have a real blade mounted. 

The TANSU is simple but really nice! 

Wow, never knew this until now. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardP said:

Very handsome!

Can I ask what modifications you made to the drawers?  Did the drawers come with sword racks?

The drawers didn’t come with racks and that is what I need to add. The chest and drawers are made with paulownia, so it is very light in weight. I need to find a source of paulownia here in Ontario to make the racks. 

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..