Yuhindo.com is gone

Michael, I did what I could to back up an archive of Darcy’s content and provide the files to Ted. I believe it is up to the family if the site will continue again in the future, but please let me know if there is something specific you wanted access to from his site pages.

I started backing some of the info up but didn’t finish all.  There was a promise from a family member to Brian that the info would be available.  Not sure what was worked out or how or what form it will take, but I’m sure something will happen.  It seemed like family wanted his info to be his legacy.  Such a sad situation with his passing.  Information from Darcy should be honored and cherished and live on.

• Like 1

Hi Ray, thanks so much.

I also pulled a complete archive of the content just in case it might be needed down the line (but not the high resolution photos, to be clear). I’m also happy to provide any of this to Ted or anyone connected with the family. 

I don’t have a specific need right now, I was just looking to casually browse and in general I’m looking out for the future.

• Like 3

I noticed it went down yesterday. I’m very sorry about his passing to both his family and the great loss to the community.

I do hope his writings will eventually become accessible again. I can say I found the tips invaluable and they helped me avoid beginner mistakes such as misuse of uchiko. I would frequently link them to others or link the swords he had on his sale archives as representative of a school. The advice he provided and the detailed records of swords he took will be missed.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:46 PM, Katsujinken said:

I'm kicking myself because I did not think the scrape the subdomain originally. I will see if I can pull it from archive.org this weekend.

For the nerds out there: I'm using wget from the command line.

Something similar would be httrack, also available via terminal (homebrew). Super handy. Unfortunately I assumed that the site would stay up.

• Thanks 2

At the moment, I don't think it is up to his family to decide.

Likely it falls within the laws of Canada to determine who has control over certain things. That may or may not be family.

It -Sucks-, but that is how it breaks down. It is slow enough in the USA [just assume 9 months], and almost certainly worse in Canada.

The various parties may not be able to publicly speak on it until the law settles out. That might be 6 months from now, 12 months, or more.

In the meantime, whatever Ray, Michael, and others can pry from the open source side of the web is most welcome.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, Ray Singer said:

Michael, I did what I could to back up an archive of Darcy’s content and provide the files to Ted. I believe it is up to the family if the site will continue again in the future, but please let me know if there is something specific you wanted access to from his site pages.

@Ray SingerI'd love a copy of the Ichimonji blade write-ups if it's not too much bother... Ko-Osafune and Soden Bizen too if you're feeling particularly generous with your time but I'd be very appreciative of whatever you can manage.

Many thanks, Costas

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, Curran said:

At the moment, I don't think it is up to his family to decide.

Likely it falls within the laws of Canada to determine who has control over certain things. That may or may not be family.

It -Sucks-, but that is how it breaks down. It is slow enough in the USA [just assume 9 months], and almost certainly worse in Canada.

The various parties may not be able to publicly speak on it until the law settles out. That might be 6 months from now, 12 months, or more.

In the meantime, whatever Ray, Michael, and others can pry from the open source side of the web is most welcome.

I might be ill informed as always, certainly I am selfish as always, but I am more interested in the fate of Juyo volume full translation. Did any of the gentlemen from the secret internet forum raised this question? Community might consider buying it from the family I guess. Its an important and substantial work, would be unfortunate if it just disappears.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..