WWII Gunto with leather combat cover

ChrisW

Hello gentlemen,

I am currently looking for a blade in intact full WWII combat mounts that has a leather cover for both the saya and the tsuka. The blade can be traditional or machine-made, ancestral or WWII, as long as the condition is good enough to see the hamon and the leather is not disintegrating. The blade and mounts can be a fairly average grade one, it does not have to be a showstopper. The important part here is that it has fully intact and original full leather covers! Knowledge on its background history would be a bonus. Reply here or PM me directly with what you've got and your price on it! I do have a flexible budget, but I am going to go with a reasonable price to quality ratio.

Thank you all for your time and happy hunting in whatever you choose!

~Chris

Have a wakizashi with nthk papers in essentially an all leather gunto koshirae.  Saya is leather and the tsuka is actually wood with only a leather cover.  The blade also has NTHK papers attributed to Nobutaka (most likely 4th gen) 1711-1715.

SmartSelect_20220523-225056_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220510-151421_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220510-151434_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220510-151340_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..