Kantei 2

DoTanuki yokai

Another Kantei i hope you can again excuse the dust and other things on my camera lens.

To be fair i want to say that the blade got no papers but a signature and this is for fun i think.

Also the polish looks old but i think this is a more fun way to ask if the signature could be shoshin.

Nagasa: 45,6cm

Sori: 1,45cm

Motohaba: 2,7cm

Sakihaba: 1,99cm

Kasane: 5mm 

Edit: Forgot to say that the Shinogi is low and the Kissaki is 2,85cm Long

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

• Thanks 1

I don't believe one should post a Kantei, without authentication..    This should have been for opinions on whether or not it was Shoshin.     So if this sword, comes to be Gimei, it then throws everything into confusion.    I'm not saying this isn't shoshin,  it probably is.   

• Like 1

David, I mentioned  in my first post that this blade got no papers and I don’t want to influence study with wrong information. 

Every identification thread is some kind of Kantei  thread but by going this route I can sort out the influence of a possibly fake signature.

Also even the NBTHK is sometimes wrong. 

AB9EDBD0-02AA-46B6-98FF-D093AAFA46FE.thumb.jpeg.ff6a5ade14245a9658051b81fb517f82.jpeg

You see signed Sukesada blades with really shoddy looking mei that you would think are gimei at first glance but are papered Hozen. They are difficult to match as so many signed.

Look at the blade first, everyone said Bizen after all.

I think sometimes there is no need to pay for Shinsa.

Awarded NMB Hozen :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Bizen workshops in the Muromachi period had a production line system with a guy for signatures who sometimes wasn’t so careful. Also the spidery mei (according to Darcy I think) was to avoid work-hardening the tang. 

• Like 1

Can imagine many scenarios that would make for a dodgy mei

”Sign this last bunch and as soon as your finished you can get off”

Just one example

Ps, not saying the mei on your wak looks dodgy, looks ok to me!

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..