Long Iaido shinken

Hello people

I've had this shinsakuto since 2010. It is made by Okamoto Kazumune in seki.  I bought it directly off him when I was in Japan all those years ago. It comes with perfect leather wrap 11.5 inch tsuka and 31.5 inch Nagasa or 80cm from habaki notch to tip. Originally I had it made without bohi but decided to get a bohi installed as it was becoming way too heavy for me. Now it weighs 1213 grams with koshirae without saya. The sori changed a 1mm or so after installing the bohi. Saya has a same wrap at the first 6 inches or so. It is in iaido/tameshigiri polish and has been used in cutting tatami and beach mats, which is why there is a very slight tweak in the blade , hard to picture the tweak. A professional sword polisher or practitioner would be able to fix it easily . Still can be used as is. Because the bohi changed slightly after getting the bohi carved the blade at the last inch or so is very slightly tighter to go in the saya. 

Motobaha :34mm

sakihaba 24mm

Sori 17-19mm

motokasane 8mm

Sakikasane 5.1mm

Asking price is pretty much what the bohi cost me. Included is 2 spare tsuba and brocade bag.

$3000aud 

Any questions just ask or email me on jezah81@gmail.com 20220508_155019.thumb.jpg.45f9801cc4776d3b138bceff284dc970.jpg

20220508_155239.jpg

20220508_155043.jpg

20220508_155034.jpg

20220508_154948.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Katsujinken said:

Hi Jeremy,

I recommend you post photos of the nakago as well. 

Good luck!

That I will do, the tsuka is tightly stuck on,  as I've shimmed it especially for iaido use. If a potential buyer is serious about buying I will definitely post pictures of the nakago.  But I'd rather not disturb the tight fit right now until someone is interested.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Flynn said:

Is this a Shinken (non traditional) or a Shinsakuto?

Shinsakuto by Okamoto Kazumune.  2006 forged if I remember correctly but can be verified once the mei on the nakago gets looked at again.

16 hours ago, jeremy said:

That I will do, the tsuka is tightly stuck on,  as I've shimmed it especially for iaido use. If a potential buyer is serious about buying I will definitely post pictures of the nakago.  But I'd rather not disturb the tight fit right now until someone is interested.  

Good call, alot people will have you take pictures send this send that. In the end they just wanted to tell you what to do, not really interested.

4 hours ago, Jussi Ekholm said:

Seems like a really good deal :thumbsup:

I think the smith would be Kazumune (和宗), real name Okamoto Katsuhiro (岡本克博)

Yes sir.  I believe this is correct. He makes blades for the toyama/Nakamura ryu guys there mainly for aoyama dojo in aichi. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..