My 2nd nbthk Blade

zhangziyi777

As with the previous sword you purchased. This is not an NBTHK kanteisho. it is a torokusho (sword registration paper). It does not provide any type of attribution, authentication of inscriptiona, etc that a kanteisho does. If this is all the sword was sold with, it is unpapered. 

Best regards, 

Ray 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ray Singer said:

Hey Ray out of curiosity why would a seller send these papers along with the sword to an international buyer,  when these papers are required within Japan ?  

I guess he had to apply for exportation which took 30 days aswell. 

Regards 

35 minutes ago, Ray Singer said:

Paz, the seller bypassed the formal process for some reason and simply mailed the sword out. I am guessing it was to save time & money, but that is not the legally required export process.

Best regards,

Ray

I can't actually beleive you can get away with that in a strict  import /export nation as Japan. 

And to @zhangziyi777these  are far from authentic papers. And the seller should never have said they were, if he did at all.

Regards 

this is what the guy told me tht sold me the two swords from Japan,

"The sword I sell on the list is a "real Japanese sword".
Along with Katana's photo, a Japanese "sword sword registration certificate" is also posted.
This is a "sword sword registration certificate" issued only for real Japanese swords.
The Japanese sword with this certificate is a “real Japanese sword” approved by the Japanese government.
Only one serial number is assigned to each sword."

7 hours ago, zhangziyi777 said:

this is what the guy told me tht sold me the two swords from Japan,

"The sword I sell on the list is a "real Japanese sword".
Along with Katana's photo, a Japanese "sword sword registration certificate" is also posted.
This is a "sword sword registration certificate" issued only for real Japanese swords.
The Japanese sword with this certificate is a “real Japanese sword” approved by the Japanese government.
Only one serial number is assigned to each sword."

Sword registration paper is not nbthk paper. I am sorry you were fooled.

Hope you didn't spend too much

Looks like they didn't lie , they said sword registration certificate not an appraisal certificate.  It may be confusing for someone who doesn't know which is which though. Does seem like a decent blade with a gold habaki even without a kanteisho.  It really comes down to how much you paid for it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..