Bushu Tsuba Information Request

Greg Bothma

Hi Everyone

New member here

I was lucky enough to find this beautiful Tsuba and Brian advised me to snatch it while it was available. This is my first Tsuba and I am hoping to build a collection.

I know it to be Bushu School Tsuba (thanks Brian) but I was wandering if anyone here could help me with further information? 

Or if someone could point me in the direction of good reading material, where I could learn more about these types of Tsuba (google is surprisingly sparse with details o maybe I am not using the correct words/terms to search)

I would really like to translate what is written on it and know it's approximate age.

Any other information or leads would be highly appreciated.

I am currently combing through all the posts on this site attempting to learn about everything discussed.

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Greg

Tsuba1.jpeg

Tsuba2.jpeg

• Like 3

This was one of the ones I posted about, from a local auction site. I passed on all of your recommendations to Greg. Must admit, the later pics are light years better than the auction ones which made it look terrible.
This was a great deal. I've advised Greg how to deal with the active rust.
Have also bought one of the others from the auction, will post when I get it....they haven't taken it off auction yet but it's paid for.

Greg, post a clear sharp pic of the signature straight on? Want to see what that kao looks like.
See if it's maybe this guy....

BMY.jpg

• Like 2

Just realized the one I posted uses a different "Yoshi" kanji, so not him. So not sure which one in Haynes he is. It will be Mauro's guy...from Markus' book. No dates mentioned. Maybe just one of many Bushu artists.
Haven't found that kao listed yet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..