For the Naginata lovers

Mark Green

Hi Mark, A very healthy naginata with a wide yakiba especially where it curves towards the kissaki. Lots of activities. Why do I get the feeling of Soshu school from it? I would like to see how it looks with the light angled down the blade. Have you just acquired this one? You're getting quite a collection of this group. John

Hi John,

Yes, This is just in from Japan. It is in great shape, with wonderful 'everything' you get from Bungo Takata swords from this period. I will take some better pics soon.

And yes, This is now my 6th, Shinto, Bungo takata. I have the 3, Tomoyuki, this Noriyuki, a wonderful 'chisa-katana' Shigeyuki, all signed,and another long katana Atribed to tk.

Last year I decided to take most of my collection in that direction. So I have been trading up a storm, and moving that way.

I love the pure power of steel that this group makes. The swords were made for fighting, and staying in one piece to fight some more. They all have wonderful hada, and some of the best wild hamons, (to my eyes) of any group out there. These guys copied the best of everyone, and for that reason have a bad name in the world of some Nihonto collectors. But that is all good for me, because I'm not a purist, I love a sword for it's power and good looks. And to my eyes, The Bungo guys have it right on. Plus, it keeps them less expensive.

So, throw and signed Bungo swords at me guys :)

The 'Shigeyuki' This wakizashi is a monster! (in a good way)

You could take this beast indoors. Where it likely, out-weighed the next closest sword in the room,by near half. It is anything but delicate ;)

post-99-14196759929359_thumb.jpg

post-99-14196759929954_thumb.jpg

I've got a signed papered katana by Bungo Muneyuki who is the founder of the Shinto Takada school according to Fujishiro. More than willing to trade it for a Juyo :lol:

Interestingly it was surrendered by a Japanese colonel along with a Yasukuni sword. The two swords have identical gunto mounts and the same mon badge.

Ya, I saw that too.

The price is right, for any of you new guys that want a good looking sword from a very good smith. With papers!!! It was a Katana at one time. Almost there still.

I'm only doing signed swords as well Pete. And likely only Tomoyuki. Unless it just a deal I can't pass up.

Mark G

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..