Help with the translation of photos.

Itomagoi

Hi Peter,

I'm struggling with the parts highlighted in red. Here's the script from beneath the photo. I'm struggling with the middle rank as (probably due to me misunderstanding "oite" in this context) the order seems to be out of sequence, so whilst I've given you the names, I'm not sure who they belong to.

大日本刀匠協会発会の折, 栗原邸を訪全国の刀匠.

Dai Nihon tōshō kyōkai ketsukai no ori, Kurihara yashiki o tazureta zenkuni no tōshō.

Swordsmiths from the whole country visited the Kurihara mansion on the occasion of the first meeting of the Greater Japan Swordsmiths Association.

前列左から: 松林 ; 末次繁光 ; 越水盛 ;  ; 笠間繁継 ; 小山信 ; 守次則 ;  ;

Maeretsu hidari kara (front rank, from the left) Matsubayashi Masashige; Suetsugu Shigemitsu; Koshimizu Moritoshi, Hikosaburō, Kasama Shigetsugi, Koyama Nobumitsu, Moritsugu Norisada, Yodogawa Shigetoshi,

中列2人目: 航介 ; 3おい紀 政 ; 中尾 ()  ; 山秀研 ; 1おい藤田 ;  ;

Chūretsu nininme (middle rank, 2nd person) Iwasaki Kōsuke, san’nin oite (3rd person), Ki Masatsugu, Nakao (Fujita) Tadatsugu, Koyama Hidetogu, ichinin oite (first person) Fujita Tsuyoshi, Komiya Shirō Kunimitsu,

: 井昭房 ; 秋元  ; 今野昭.

Ushiroretsu (rear rank): Ishii Akifusa, Akimoto Akitomo, Konno Akimune.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I was able to get a few names with the help from R. Stein's site (http://www.japaneseswordindex.com/tosho.htm). I find such photos very interesting and always nice when you have a face to the blacksmith. I think others might also be interested in the translation.

9.2.jpg

• Like 1

John, I saw your Kunimitsu in Kai Gunto Koshirae and added it to "my Oshigata database". You are right there are not many of his blades and sometimes I found unfortunately wrong information on the Internet about Kunimitsu. And google does not always translate the Japanese correctly.

But it is fun to collect the information. :-)

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..