Hoki no Kami Fujiwara Nobutaka Katana

seanyx11

Hello all. I’m (reluctantly) selling my Tokubetsu Hozon Hoki no Kami Nobutaka Katana. I’d love to keep this beautiful blade, but life gets in the way sometimes and you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. 

I bought this blade about 6 years ago from Danny Massey on Nihontocraft.com as my 2nd ever “real” nihonto. It comes with NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon papers.

I’m asking $5500  $4750  $4500 $4250 shipped CONUS.

007CD793-2534-4810-86FC-2F097F7222E5.thumb.jpeg.dc388c169e67616650f1795978591bad.jpegD6AD86C0-305D-47C4-AA26-92C04CF47CA3.thumb.jpeg.23896c4d64b0344d1a87fc744654bf6a.jpegD4C39B1C-7F4B-4F64-AFDB-BCE71EE11FB7.thumb.jpeg.1fc5b533f73a9e0b53a66b4ca3826777.jpeg5B93DFEF-0CC4-4CFA-A514-98F6F143F117.thumb.jpeg.96095b2476fab4a97340cc04b1e2f8be.jpegC6C79B5B-B1C0-4B04-B839-E5D133798ED2.thumb.jpeg.cf5dc5f84867a3b30e41826210ab1396.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:24 PM, Brian said:

Just post the correct one, and I'll swap them

So, we can no longer edit our own posts/threads? Seems odd, but ok. I need to reduce the price for this item to $5000. Thanks.

I see that this has had plenty of views, but ZERO interest or offers. If anyone could give me some feedback as to what you may think is the issue. Is it just the price? The condition? The pictures being mostly from the original ad from Nihontocraft?

I really thought this would sell quickly at the original price, and especially since it’s been lowered now. Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

There are lots of reasons blades don’t sell, and it isn’t necessarily a judgement of your blade or the quality vs price you are asking.  Right now maybe it just doesn’t fit into the collections ‘of the people who have seen it’ and probably the main issue is that no one has the approx $5000 in their wallet they are willing to part with right now.  Don’t be discouraged.

• Like 1

Hi Sean,

You have a very nice sword to a fine price. If that item had been posted in Europe (within the EU) I would have sent you a PM with an offer. But the severe restrictions and customs between the US and Europe very often make it a very expensive and time consuming transit (especially in regard to Denmark). The situation in Europe (Ukraine and Russia) is also testing our economic future in so many different ways.  People are probably just “waiting” to see what way things are turning. Hope that make sense.

/Soren

• Thanks 1

Hi Sean,

My 0.02 worth - I think Mark and Soren have covered it well. 

It's pot-luck that "someone who wants it sees it", and the longer it's available, as Mark said, the more people that will see it.  You'll notice that there are some items in this forum that have been available for a couple of years, but as with any supply & demand situation, the more urgently you need the money, the faster you have to drop the price until someone who's seen it bites.

Also, as Soren said there have been some issues with cross-Atlantic export/import (e.g. see the thread about the UK Customs impounding some swords from the US).  Hopefully, these issues will be temporary, but its fair to say that some potential non-US buyers may be somewhat reticent.

Jon

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Winchester said:

Has the nakago been polished? Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry please disregard due to item location. Being new to the hobby, I am presently only buying within US. 

No, the nakago has not been polished as far as I can tell from the natural patina of a blade this age. The blade is in very good, recent polish though. 

I am selling in the US. In fact, I’m ONLY selling within the continental US (CONUS). Specifically, from Atlanta, GA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..