Charity "auction" - Ko Mino fuchi

mareo1912

Hi Everyone,

I am reducing my tosogu closet to the bare minimum in the next weeks and I found this beautiful Fuchi - which I would suppose to be Ko Mino - with extremely deep and rich carving of blackest shakudo with delicate gold and silver inlays. This piece was bought to use it on a black tanto or aikuchi koshirae, where it will excellently decorate any blade on a simple 16-17th century "field" koshirae, however I sold the blade I bought it for. :dunno:

With Brians permission I want to try something funny and "auction" this piece, with 80% proceeds going to a medical charity project in Botswana and 20% to the NMB. "EDIT: The program pays eye operations and parasite medications for children. Every 7 Euro is a full parasite cure, every 20 a child gaining eyesight again. A pharmacist friend of mine worked there for one year and said its helping the future and development of these children a lot."

The starting price is 50 Euro, tracked shipping in envelope will be covered by me worldwide. Please bid until april 30, 8PM GMT here in the thread or contact me via PM.

It really is a beauty, feeling very elegant, aged, and "rich but simple" in your hands. Please have a look at the video below, showing especially the deep carving (Sorry for the bad video quality, my good objective was borrowed to a friend).

Please contact me with any questions regarding this little auction try. Other items will follow, if you're seriously interested in Ishiguro / Ichinomiya/High quality Ko-Kinko,just write  me a PM as I will not list everything.

Best,

Marco

_DSC4109.jpg

ko-mino1.jpg

• Like 5

The local NBTHK branch held a meeting on Sunday to introduce the materials and creative methods for Kodōgu. Among the examples on display were these. The speaker was head of the evaluation committee, so conscious of yours above, Marco, I asked him casually if these could be called Ko-Mino? He paused for a moment, then said it is hard to draw a clear line between Mino and Ko-Mino.

We all had to wear cotton gloves. Some pieces in his collection were worth more than a new ‘Kei’ car, I heard someone say.

91FB2BA3-B6F9-4C0E-91ED-B67415134296.thumb.jpeg.f75433e175fc55e8793d33d110b1de9b.jpeg

F5811E52-E291-4E84-A562-3D512DB5C367.thumb.jpeg.eb1672ff42a8f5c914ac7c5940fcc571.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mareo1912 said:

Dear Jean,

that's true, but my taste in sweet "Spätlese" wine rarely finds me compatible drinking partners... But of course there are always a few dozen bottles in the basement ready for guests ;-)

Count me in… and I might bring along a Beerenauslese for dessert! :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..