Pictures, just because ... no agenda.

Just finished some maintenence on saya covers and blades, given our recently extreme humidity here in coastal New South Wales ( thats OZ

not South Wales UK 😉)

Happy with my work, love this small group of my lot. 

Thought I would take a picture (and share view 🙂) before I turned the lights out tonight.  95's, nihonto, showato....no discrimination....love em all!

As I said, no agenda ....just sharing a nice view.

Rob

PS....Stephen @Stephencan you pick the Hiromasa?

20220416_190153.jpg

20220416_190307.jpg

• Like 6

Ah, the six monthly maintenance regime. I can't say I particularly enjoy it, myself. It is useful though, when I pick up a sword, wonder why I have it and then remember/discover what made it unique.

And Rob, it always starts with "just wanted one". 

• Like 2

Yes, great covers thanks John.

The seki Kai (Okada KANEYOSHI) was owned by an Ensign Maehara 14th Base Force (at least, accordingy to the surrender tag). Great pacakage on face value but unfortunately, the same has all but dissappeared in mid to lower sections of the saya and the blade has not been treated well, post war.  Another loved orphan 😊

Rob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..