Is EMS from Japan to the US flowing OK now?

Hi,

Has anybody recently used EMS from Japan to the US?  Is it moving at less than a glacial rate now?

I've always been counseled that you have the fewest customs hang ups with higher dollar pieces using EMS, but when I used them back in January it took several weeks to get a package from Japan to the US.  I've had problems in the not too distant past with DHL lodging my higher dollar items in their expensive customs box hotel while they ask for redundant information, and...  

Thanks,

rkg

(Richard George)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

I see no one has taken the time to answer your inquiry.  I have shipped 8 sword shipments to the US in the past three months using EMS postal shipments. Depending on the destination the shipping time varies from five days (New York) to ten to twelve days out in the boonies.... but so far no serious obstacles. Depending on the destination, there may be a delay of four or five days but deliveries are being made.

However, EMS out of Japan to other countries is now very difficult. Europe is pretty much at a standstill.

Best,

Robert

4 hours ago, Keichodo said:

Hi Richard,

I see no one has taken the time to answer your inquiry.  I have shipped 8 sword shipments to the US in the past three months using EMS postal shipments. Depending on the destination the shipping time varies from five days (New York) to ten to twelve days out in the boonies.... but so far no serious obstacles. Depending on the destination, there may be a delay of four or five days but deliveries are being made.

However, EMS out of Japan to other countries is now very difficult. Europe is pretty much at a standstill.

Best,

Robert

Ups for Europe via America. 

But some dealers are apparently using private couriers 

Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to reply! 

Since nobody replied earlier, I bit the bullet and used EMS.  The trip from Japan to the US only took a couple of days, but then the package spent a week in or around customs in Los Angeles before they cut it loose and actually shipped it to me. 

I recently had a second one shipped via EMS so I guess I'll see what happens this time around.  I had to decide on shipping right after I got notification that the package actually got from to Japan to LA quickly, and...

Thanks again,

rkg

(Richard George)

• 1 month later...

Have a sword inbound from Tokyo via EMS/priority mail express international.

Accepted by Japan Post last week on wednesday June 23rd, and departed the export office on saturday the 25th.

No updates since (technically only on the 3rd business day in the U.S. at this point)

Will update as I'm expectantly watching.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..